Jalapeño poppers are a party hit, and completely addictive. These poppers are just the right amount of spicy, and have a flaky crust wrapped around them that makes them both taste irresistable and look like mummies--perfect for Halloween! Whip these up for your scary party and leave your guests impressed and satisfied.
- 6 jalapeños, cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 9 oz cream cheese
- 9 oz shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 tbs hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and salt & pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Unroll crescent rolls as package instructs, and separate into long strips.
- Fill each jalapeño with the cream cheese mix, and then wrap the crescent roll dough around the jalapeño until it is covered and gives the appearance of mummy bandages.
- Repeat until all jalapeños are covered, then place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- Once cool serve your mummies on a Solo® Heavy Duty Paper Plate, and enjoy!
Looking for more unconventional Halloween treats? Check out our guide to Halloween treats and eats!