Whether you're throwing a beach themed party, are passionate about marine biology, or simply love all things beachy, these cookies are sure to delight. They're easy to make and simply stunning when finished. All you'll need to bring the beach to your kitchen is snickerdoodle cookie mix, Solo® Heavy Duty Paper Plates, and sliced almonds.
How to make your sand dollars:
- Prepare your snickerdoodle cookie mix as directed.
- Mold dough into small balls, then roll them in a mix of cinnamon & sugar (this should be provided within your mix)
- On a baking sheet, place the dough evenly apart from one another, allowing room for the cookies to spread.
- Using a spatula or your hand, gently flatten the cookies slightly. In the center of each cookie, place 5 almond slices in the shape of a star.
- Bake your cookies according to the directions of your mix. Check on the cookies after approximately 3 minutes. If needed, flatten the cookies a bit more with a spatula.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy once they're cool!
Can't wait for dessert? Head to Walmart to pick up all the SOLO® products you need to satisfy your sweet tooth!