Mmm...funnel cakes. They're a carnival-esque treat that brings us right back to childhood. Whether it's summer or winter, these treats truly hit the spot. The only thing that can make them better is adding ice cream! Next time you're craving a special sweet treat, make these sundaes--you won't be disappointed!
- Pinch of salt (no more than 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 qt vegetable oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Small funnel
- Combine salt, baking powder, sugar, flour, eggs, and milk. Mix thoroughly together; the batter will be thin enough to move freely through a funnel!
- In a medium skillet, heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- Holding the funnel close to the oil so as to avoid any splash, pour 1/2 cup of batter into the funnel while moving it in circular motions. Fry until bottom is golden brown, then use tongs or a spatula to flip the cake over. Fry other side until also golden.
- Drain the cake on paper towels and allow it to cool--you don't want your ice cream to melt!
- Set your funnel cake on a SOLO Paper Plate and top with a hearty scoop of ice cream, fresh strawberries, and powdered sugar.
- Dig in!
Want more ideas to get the party started? Check out some of our other Fall treats that are perfect for game day here.