Butternut squash is such a Fall staple. It has all the flavors that remind us of the changing leaves, crisp morning air, and being wrapped in cozy over-sized sweaters. Most of the time, butternut squash is associated with lunch or dinner, such as butternut squash soup. SOLO is all about originality, though, so we're transforming the dinner dish into a savory breakfast hash.
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 apple, cubed
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- Handful of greens (arugula or spinach)
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat olive oil. Mix in shallot and stirring occasionally.
- Add butternut squash hash and apple, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Add bacon and greens, then allow mixture to cook until squash and apples are soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a Solo® Paper Plate.
- Using the same skillet, cook an egg over easy.
- Once cooked, place it ontop of the hash. Top with salt and pepper, crumbled goat cheese, and then enjoy!